??heroimage?? This year has been difficult for the travel industry to say the least. With coronavirus, job losses, and company closures, it’s no surprise that the travel industry is feeling deflated. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Here are some of the reasons why now is the ideal time to start marketing to your customers again and get your travel business back on track (if you aren’t doing so already!)
1. A vaccine is imminentAs soon as news of the vaccine was released, we saw a huge surge in the number of holiday searches! The Guardian reported that Skyscanner’s traffic alone doubled from the previous week. This means that travellers are super keen to start booking holidays again and suggests that they are totally on board with getting a vaccine if it means they can travel again.
2. The post-travel quarantine duration is reducingThis week it was also announced that traveller quarantine is set to be reduced from 14 days to just five in a new ‘test and release’ scheme. It’s still early days, but it's been reported the updates could come as soon as mid-December. This is great news for those travelling to high-risk countries and indicates that now is the perfect time to start advertising those areas again.
3. Customers are looking for holiday dealsWhether it’s Black Friday deals, last-minute Christmas bargains, or January sales, customers can’t get enough when it comes to hunting down a good offer. Don’t miss out on all this traffic! Make sure you have your offers ready to go and that your brand, in particular, is at the forefront of your customer’s minds when they come to book their next trip.
4. Christmas breaks & winter travel opportunitiesAccording to Sky News, Easy Jet reported a whopping 200% rise in flight searches as soon as news of Christmas bubbles was announced. They revealed this was mainly domestic flights and UK trips including London, Bristol, Belfast, Edinburgh, and more. They also saw a massive increase in Spring/Summer searches. So what does this tell us? People are hoping to travel again throughout the Christmas period and they are also looking to return to their summer escapes in 2021. This is also very promising news for ski resorts, sports trips, camping, and similar experiences.
5. Your competitors are already doing itFinally, the best reason to sell yourself now is because your travel competitors are already doing it! That’s why it’s a good idea to put in the groundwork while the industry is recovering. Don’t wait until people are already travelling again! The news is changing every day. Make sure you’re ready when the time comes for your customers to book their next trip. One of the best ways you can stand out from your competitors is to use travel reviews from genuine customers. These are 100% unique to your business and there are a number of ways you can showcase your best feedback. If you would like some ideas and inspiration on how to utilise reviews, check out our post: 5 genius ways to use travel reviews within your marketing strategy. Also, if you have any questions or would like to work together, feel free to contact us today for a chat!.
Share this article